PEORIA — OSF HealthCare Illinois Neurological Institute is looking for healthy volunteers to participate in a study investigating a new kind of stroke treatment.
Participation could help start the process for approval of a new product by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration which may help improve stroke care.
• Be 18 to 55 years old
• Be in healthy condition and on no medications
• Have a normal Body Mass Index, which is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.
• Be a non-smoker for at least the last six months, including cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, nicotine patches and vaping
• Refrain from consuming alcohol and caffeine two days before the study period begins and up to eight days after it ends
• Be available for admission to the hospital for two full days and nights during investigational product dosing, lab testing, ECG testing and monitoring
All study-related visits, tests and procedures will be provided at no cost. Reimbursement for time and effort will be provided.
Register for the study at ini.org/strokestudy. For more information contact Judi Beck, RN, CCRP, study coordinator at email@example.com or call (309) 624-3240.